Friday, March 31, 2017

Pups n Stuff

I have been sharing my interest, debating issues.. interacting with others on the internet since the 80's.
People come along that did not see that info and instead of repeating the same stuff over and over, I started jotting it down on web pages, groups.

If you have read my stuff before some of this might be a repeat but as I am writing this now, it is from a message I got today after taking some pics last night

Taking pics of total strangers is kind of like asking a girl to dance. If she does and another does.. it is easy to get more dance partners.. but if you r rejected.. your chances dwindle 

Some times I just guess and the park dwellers were glad I did.

I have been lucky to capture some beautiful photos that get lots of likes but they soon vanish from memories.. but when I get to capture special moments for others, such are a worthy gift.

Sharing my thoughts with TheMick (a park dweller pal) guess I will jot it down here.
I can't dance, sure can't sing, never great at sports.. thinking of the achievements of others, though I can't do any of that stuff, when I capture that moment for them, that is something I can do.
I took a pic of one family by a big pine tree and the dad died two weeks later. A couple bringing their baby to the park for the first time, Kids getting married at the gazebo with no one there capturing their pics.
This summer I was doing time lapse n a couple walked by, I did some candid pics (I do that and later if I take their pics I tell em n post it)
I asked them if I might do a pic of them n the guy said just a few minutes .. as I watched a bit he got down on his knee n purposed. Such a great chance to record a memory for em.

Last night there was not many there and I took some pics of people with their camera n mine. The sky was not right but I asked a couple to do their pic when they were sitting on a rock. Later the sky was pretty nice and I captured a good shot.
This morning the guy sent  this message
Thank you so much for these memories, it especially means a lot because I’m leaving the country soon for college and this was one of our last nights together"

Memories of hearing people talk about their problems, me too I guess now.. guess it is arthritis , neck pain, knee pain, walking up the trail my right foot tingles like when your leg goes to 'sleep' poor me 😋
After I get there, I forget all about it, pondering what great pic I might capture this night.

Visitors that make Kookie wag her tail, jump n slobber on em and captured moments  like the kids last night, make he trip to town n climb up the trail keep me coming back till June 2023 .. if 

***


Most pay little attention but after a few asked I just started keeping notes. Every once in a while I will think of something else and add it. That is what this page is about.. The old guy n dog on Mt. Pleasant.
I figure I have been given some nasty names in my life and for some reason people gave me different nick names.
Old man fits.. used that term talking about my dad when I was a pup.
The only thing that makes me feel uncomfortable is being called sir or mister ... that sure does not fit.

There might be repeats I don't proof read my accounts.
 
When me n my wife came to stand on Mt. P. it was before selfies were invented .. n film cameras :)
Wish I would have thought about asking someone to paste both of us together in a shot.

Met em through taking pics.
This year our pal Penni was moving far away  and I came up to see them n she asked someone to take our pic.. hmmm in the hundreds of pics I have taken here, that is the only pics I have ever been with someone, not a relative :)
I got the newspaper to come out n they did a story on them n I got some great photos..

Me n my wife in the days b4 selfies were invented




When my wife was hanging out, 
I never went anywhere I was content to hang out outside of town playing on the computer n exercising.


FIRST SAINT BERNARD 

One day my daughter called me n asked if I was gonna be home.

A nurse at work had sold her a Saint Bernard puppy and she had another jealous dog that was mean to her.

When Dusty (my daughter) showed up she had the fuzz ball n asked me if I would take her.

I never wanted a dog, but as soon as I held her, I loved her.. Called her Pumpkin

About 5 years n Pumpkin got cancer.

When she could hardly walk I knew it was getting close to the end. I was going to have someone shoot her n bury her in the yard.. but that thought passed in a jiffy.
The idea of sealing someone in a box to shrivel up .... ugh. We r but things we eat.. things that come from earth.
Now plants growing out of their ashes, their essence continues to be part of the cycle of life... 

Weeds grown now but there is room here for pups. It is an island where nothing will be built.


I must have paid $800 to have a 'wishing well" built in my back yard. While I worked on it, Pumpkin laid in the yard n watched me.. hard to get around.

When I thought it was time, I told my wife n daughter I couldn't go, couldn't stand it n so they helped her get n back of the old Chevy truck n told her she was going bye bye.



Dusty (my daughter) brought her a hat n I took a pic of her n back of the truck with my wife (Rita)

I couldn't stop the hurt so I started looking for another puppy n adopted PuppyDog...  





Rita n me loved her, so silly. We had to leave her over night at the vets once n Rita n me n PuppyDog .. well ...



I knew she would have given in but Rita told me, no matter how much I hurt, PuppyDog was our last dog.
The problem was Rita (wife) got leukemia.

When they were keeping her at OSU, I took our Pup with me and put a mattress in her Explorer. Parking in the concrete garage it was cool. I could visit a bit then we walked around visiting on the grounds.. part of the band was practicing once n I wanted to let her go.. but thought better. Once when I came out she had her head out the window getting pets.
They had some tubes in her and when I was home I had to flush them out.. being careful .. it was scary but her sister n niece helped .. tougher than me. 


I always thought funerals were pathetic. People showing up and the guest of honor is laying there not knowing any one was around, so b4 she got too sick.. When the nurse at the hospital sent her home on hospice I told her we were going to have a coming home party and asked her who she wanted to come and where she wanted to have the gathering.


She wanted to go to Olive Garden n her friends n family came n it was super nice.

Her sister n niece(s) came and played Mario with her through out December.

PuppyDog would get her toys n get on the couch n give it to Rita trying to make her fight for it.

Rita had long blond hair she never dyed it.. just a girl being herself :)



  Me n Rita on the right, Rita's last Christmas 2009.
The leukemia draining her life.. just a few more weeks with me n PuppyDog. 

She got to stay home almost all the time cept when she was getting her kemo. PuppyDog would ride with us n stay in the suv.
I put a mattress there n took naps in the OSU parking garage.

I woke up one morning n couldn't give her the meds n called Hospice. They came in and took her in the ambulance.
My daughter a nurse and great helper n her sister were there in her last hours.... 

They let me bring PuppyDog in and stay. She remained alive just one day.

She was diagnosed with leukemia the day b4 her BD n spent it in intensive care at OSU
Exactly one year later Rita died the day b4 her BD and spent her BD in the funeral home.

I left and headed to Columbus to take care of stuff I was so out of it then. I had to stop n get some gas and a girl came out of the station n asked if she could give PuppyDog some pets.. 
Going through that for a year when that kid came out it was like an angle .... well to crazy me.
***

Telling one who is close to me, when my time has come, don't bother to tell anyone, no newspaper stuff, but at least a year after , on my bd, log into my fb account and invite those I have saved in a list, to come n watch the sunset on June 23rd (along with those I had taken pics of n gave my Pup pets) I don't know who they were, but for a few minutes ... well imaginary friends I guess 😉

***


An act of kindness
Everyone that takes their dog with em, is tickled when someone gives em pets, but for people who are alone (me any way) when people give their pup some pets it is a shot of happy.
If u wanna make someone's day :)

When I got Rita's ashes back I put em in the wishing well with Pumpkin, waiting for me n PuppyDogs turn to join her n Pumpkin.
***
Some time after I lost my wife I looked at some women on dating sites. I was in pretty good shape then and there were a couple that liked me.. but when my age was known, it was like I had leprosy... and  were not about to leave their families n come hang out with fred flinstone n a big hairy dog.. 

Junior high-high school, there were lots of cute girls that twinkled in my eyes but there was one had a boy friend, I loved 4 years n never even said hi.  It is now as it was then.

On Mount Pleasant I talk to some beautiful girls/women but never ask their names (until 2022).  After so many orbits around the sun, you r not suppose to be attractive to women 😋

For me, I guess it is kind of like going to a car show to mingle with people who share your interest and look at the beautiful cars, knowing you will never drive one of em home. .. 

***

In school during the film days I think I am the only one with a camera n taking old grainy pics.. wish I had a digital camera then :)



When I went to boot camp in SC they had a darkroom we could create pics with. That is where I got hooked. Later I had my own darkroom in a little back room of our house.


Then as now I had $$$ worth of camera stuff. I took a pic of these things before I gave them all to a kid at the park.

One of my daughters was going to a wedding (digitals were out) and I thought, I bought the other two computers but Fredie Jo never asked for one, so I bought her a camera and one for me.

I have always had a good imagination and have been able to entertain my self. I always loved photography and thought of taking pics at Rising Park.
I like to take pics that people would actually look at from time to time and want to take pics of people.

Taking PuppyDog she was my photographer assistant. She would look at people n wag her tail and they would wanna give her pets and I could ask em if I could take their pics.

I took pics of people from 8 weeks old to 80 years old. I must have taken pics of 2,000 strangers. A very few decline but most were froggy.

Some asked me to events n stuff. I never did go any place I couldn't take PuppyDog  but when asked to a wedding at Ash Cave I took PuppyDog and got up super high and took some cool pics for em.

When I went to Rising Park all I had to do is turn her lose and she would make friends
A video I did of her one snow day with some kids 

Since 2010 .. People I saw my daughter a couple times a year, clerks when I buy stuff, the doc.. business stuff, my only social contact has been with people I meet on my photo adventures n of course my pups.

It makes my day when I can bring home some pics from the park or when people ask me to do a pic for em with their cameras.

When I found out PuppyDog had cancer, it was all I could stand. She had a hard time walking so I got a big wagon, loaded it on the Jeep n took her to Hocking Hills.. her tail dragging on the ground, people loved her n gave her lots of pets
PuppyDog n her bum leg


One FB pal ended up under her car n my driveway when she, Penni brought PuppyDog a wagon 



The visiting elves
Presents and food kept appearing on my door step at Christmas.. Penni n her gang left stuff.. this one of the accounts https://pennisaward.blogspot.com/ 


When I knew PuppyDog only had a short time I couldn't bare the thought of losing her n so I searched for a Puppy to rescue me from being alone.
That is when I found Kookie and after I knew her, I added Monster to her name.

When I first got Kookie  .. she is just like this now cept 140 pounds.

I only had Kookie about a month b4 I lost PuppyDog but captured some clips n made a little video of them together. 


When I first got PuppyDog's ashes back, I took them and Kookie for one last visit up the trail to Mt. Pleasant. Kookie yanking around I saw a mom n her boys coming down n asked her if she would handle Kookie n come back up, she did n when we came back down, I took  a pic of them with Kookie.
I haven't put PuppyDog's ashes in the wishing well yet. I keep her and her teddy bear up on the shelf so Kookie can't get to them.


I paid a good chunk of change to have Kookie trained but they just go through the basics and tell you to go home and do the training.
What they tell you to do is something I have seen on youtube videos.. it takes patients.

As far as getting rid of the Kookie Monster, not while I am healthy n alive, but ...

I would love to find a fairy god parent to take her in if something ever happened to me.

Since being alone in 2010 my pups have been my photography assistance. People would wanna give em pets and I got to ask em if I could add em to my Mount Pleasant photo album.. some of the pics I have taken HERE.
Other than taking park dweller pics with my cameras I had taken hundreds with their phone cameras.

I like the park because it is close but over a year's time I visited Hocking Hills through the seasons and created a slide/video music video.
One cool video I captured on Mount Pleasant was a sunset.
It was a super day and an airplane flew over the sun just before it set.

In all my photos n videos, one of my Saints were with me, making sure I got a good shot :)

PuppyDog was a good girl, people could let their babies give her pets.. she was so gentile... BUT Kookie is a monster that gets so excited n loves people.

My kid comes to see me on my bd/father's day n Christmas. Other than that if I get groceries, go to the doc, I never see anyone except strangers I encounter for a few minutes on Mt. P taking pics  n getting pets for my pup.

The arthritis hurts a bit when I go up the trail but the plan is to keep going until I my bd in June 2023 then back at least once for the big eclipse.


I was there when the little girl fell to her death, I have seen some crazy stuff.. this year I happened to be there and captured an engagement for a couple... wanted to pay me :)

The pup is so excited when I pick up the keys and barks all the way to town.
Mt P is my sanctuary :)
***

Rising Park has been on the map science forever but I managed to get a special place listed on Google Maps, Mount Pleasant.
If you have a couple good pics you want to share with the world you can post them and you can leave your review on the Google Map HERE

If you love Mt Pleasant too you can join our facebook group HERE

My Website risingpark.blogspot.com Some of my photos continue to get thousands of views.

Some pups I met at the park met me at Old Man's cave. As we got down to the stone bridge there was something going. The rangers were carrying a guy out that fell to his death
Another trip to Ash Cave taking pics of strangers I captured her and her baby.. (she took one of me n my pup), then another encounter and I put it together she was one of the rangers.. now a deputy in Athens. Some I have remained in contact through the last years .

A couple kids I met at the park invited me to their wedding at Ash Cave n I got up on the ledge n did pics from a different angle.

Someone from the wedding took a pic of me n PuppyDog on top taking pics. (above the water falls)
I was an Ironworker, in the film days I was the only guy carrying a camera around working on the beams. When Anchor Hocking Warehouse was first being built, a whole section fell and I got the job of photographing everything. I took pics of the Federal building in Columbus as it was being built and my photography interest took me to a job in Egypt.


I have met people from all the counties around, many states and countries.  Last week I photographed a family from The Netherlands (their relative told me I had taken her pic before)

Google sends monthly stats to map owners. Last month there was 9.25k views, visitors to my website and those who asked directions how to get there.

I like to take a couple pics and move on. I run out of stuff to talk about and have said the same things over n over so many times repeating myself. 
Mount Pleasant is kind of like going to a movie. It is a happy place... sometimes I get to interact with the movie stars for a couple minutes.. that makes my day.

If I don't do my workout, if I don't make it town, living on a hill looking through my window I can't see the sun for the trees.
Just thinking about those standing on Mt P.
When I don't make it to town, I click on Instagram to see the latest pics taken on Mt. P.


Once in a while getting groceries or gas someone will tell me I had taken their pic n have it on their phones.

I have talked to so many people I never remember them. Pull on your ear if you see me, I will  know I had taking your pic. 
  ***

I put the chipmunk up in a high place but Kookie got it down n slimmed em. Watching the dogs on AGT she will be up on the tv next .. the worstest puppy I ever loved. 



.
For a while I thought there might be a time I need someone to take care of Kookie if something happens not expected.

I have had two other pups and none like her.
I paid $500 to have her trained but she didn't pay any attention.
People love her.. I warn them about her slobbers and jumping on em.
This girl was laughing and had a fun. She jumps up and holds her victims, wrestling em like a bear.. but her nails dig in and hurt.

I bought mittens to put on her front paws but haven't given them a try yet.
HERE are some pics I have taken of her.


If a dog comes in the yard, she loves them but when out at the park, she does not get along well.
In order to handle her, you have to be firm and don't let her get close.
I have a zapper, some people think it is mean but if someone afraid of dogs was approached, it would be scary for them.


Who might be a potential sitter .. have to be at least 18 or parents say OK and meet her for a test run.
It could be in my yard or at the park.

I thought about Rover, but don't figure I could afford their fees.


I would love for someone to introduce their pup in a controlled setting so she could have a visit with a playmate occasionally 

If you wanna meet the Kookie Monster, message me on facebook. You could bring a pal if you decide to sit her.


Kookie has a vet appointment and I thought that would be a time to experiment.
She is scruffy and if you want you could take her do the dog wash over by Walmart, the vet and stop at the park.


This could be you, Kookie sitter...


The rest of this blog below, I wrote a couple years about finding a fairy pup mother.. not about finding a sitter.
***

.
Micro Chip 900164000693539
Brown and white, female, Saint Bernard
Lancaster Ohio
Birthday 04/14/15
Contact the Lancaster animal shelter if found.







Elen Hernandez,DVM | Date: 2/28/2023 at 16:29 |
The beginning of Kookie's end diagnosed.


The monster Puppy who rescued me when PuppyDog had little time is now a big girl and has been having seizures. Gonna take her to the vet Wednesday 6/16/21.
Supposed to be a great day so a visit to Mt P for pics, likely :)



No comments:

Post a Comment